Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Some of my best friends are Squirrels.

(this post is currently unfinished, but close enough that I have published it)

I am heading to Canada next week, and I am pretty excited.

Why?

The creation of this alias, Expavesco, is thanks to the most horrid game in the world... of Warcraft. Yes, World of Wacraft (WoW).

While some people were restless for their 2005 thanksgiving festivities, I was busy 'Leveling up' my Warlock supreme. I played this game almost non-stop for 2 years. (spare time, non-stop...)

I am excited for a week from now, when I get to drive up to Canada to be with my internetz friendzorz, Teh Squirrel Legion. I r Loves them so many.'

The Squirrel Legion is a 'Guild' that I joined inside the game. (About 100 people) we ran around killing monsters and finding super-duper treasure. Most of the people who play live in the Mountain Standard time zone, so there are guildmemebers from Arizona, all the way to Canada, as well as the rest of the northern Americas.

I, being hilarious, became an emeritus leader of the group. I would entertain the guild often with hymns and primary songs. Everybody LOVES to hear popcorn popping on the apricot tree. How do I put this, I was kind of a big deal. :)

Not really.



Now I don't play WoW anymore, because believe it or not it became more like a job than a game. There were schedules involved and people who would be upset if you didn't get on to play the game with them. Serious business. :/

(Example: Listen to this group[clip includes swearing, nsfw] fighting a big monster, and the leader gets mad at somebody because they make a mistake that causes them to lose the fight. "That is BS... What just happened? Tom! You just wiped us (made us lose) and wasted money (Pretend money) I can't have you in the group.")

Anyway, it wasn't fun.

However, I am amazingly cool, and there must be a bunch of other amazing people like me playing this game right? Yes! there are, and have I mentioned that I am going up to Canada next week to get together with them IRL. Also I am excited.

Last year a lot of us went to Seattle and it was a blast.
We all tried really hard to just talk about normal things, but it eventually (after 20 minutes) broke down into talking about video games and Warcraft. Such loosers! :D

With all the time we all spent playing this game together and talking most of us really have become good friends.

Hmm... What else to say...
If you have a friend who is playing World of Warcraft now, please... help them to stop.

(That is the short version of the story, the long version includes a lot of jargon that only warcraft players should understand, for a lot of it only applies to this pretend world.)

11 comments:

Veritas said...

WoW has ruined my life.

James said...

Did you ever make some big bucks selling your character?

Unknown said...

OK THIS may work.

http://www.tallyhall.com/
video.php?v=mMdUBJ5votc#jumpHere

Expavesco said...

Hahahaha!
That was great, Thank you my sweet princess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMdUBJ5votc
(That link is easier to follow I think)

Zillah said...

i've been wondering where you got that name...

Expavesco said...

In the game people usualy just said Vesco, because they couldn't pronounce (because it is so hard to say) Expavesco. (Ex: Exavex? Expresso? Exvasco? ex...whatever your name is)


I just found a latin website and started looking up words. Terror came up with Expavesco...

Warlock - Expavesco
Shaman - Sophos
Druid - Reviresco
Paladin - Invalesca (Which was Invalesco, but the character was a girl... so... I changed it)

I am still not completely sure if expavesco means what I think it means, could you shed some light on that? (If it means that I cause fear, or am afeared.)

Zillah said...

it means that you are becoming frightened. Or, technically, "I am becoming extremely frightened." it's a first person singular present active indicative or expavesco, expavescere, expavi. so your title doesn't really make perfect sense grammatically, but who gives a damn.

Zillah said...

if you prefer to say "i frighten" or "i terrify" or "i scare small children out of their beds to a horrible death", it would be one of the following:
terreo
deterreo
perterreo
consterno
externo

Expavesco said...

Thanks Zillah!
I bet Vox Expavesco, vod dei... doesn't make much sense either then.

The voice of myself becoming extreamly frightened, is the voice of God.

It is on the verge of something clever.
Oh well. :) To me and mine it still means "My voice is the voice of God" Because... it is.

I love ellipses by the way.

Zillah said...

hmmmmm...i don't think that you can actually say that first one in Latin. You could say something along the lines of "my voice, me becoming frightened, is the voice of God" or "my voice when I am becoming frightened is the voice of God". But I like that your voice is simply the voice of God.

Expavesco said...

I don't know how to put this, I am God... I'm kind of a big deal.