Tuesday, July 24, 2007

For they who find me creepy

My Dad, I sure do love him. He is always trying to help me out. Why just the other day we brought me a special treat. "Look here son," was the beginning of this exact quote, "I brought you a special treat! It is a phone number... from a girl!"

Now I know I am 'teh sex' and everything, but this is pretty amazing. I can get girls phone numbers without even leaving the house! Without the INTERNETS!

Since the punchline never came I had to ask, "Are you serious?"
"Yeah!"
"Where did you get the number? How?" I said to the guy.

Turns out there is a girl who is going to his ward who he decided was 'perfect' for me.
When I asked him what the joke was and what was wrong with her he said, "She's a babe, shes smart, and she is willing to go out with you."

I don't know... but the whole thing seems really weird. He gave me her number and said I should call her. (Which I haven't)

Monday (a day later) he called me up to tell me when she would be getting off of work and it would be a great time for a 'meet and greet'. I told him that a meet and greet sounds like it would have more people than 2 which would make it less awkward than walking up to her after work "Hey. I knew you would be here, my dad has told me so much about you!"

Well, I had plans so it didn't matter.

Today he comes home and he has his digital camera. Guess who went to her work and took pictures of her. Guess again. Right, it was my dad. (not secret photos from the bushes. He just walked up to her and snapped... I think 7-8 shots.)

As he showed them to me, I just tried to express for bizarre and creepy what he had done was, but he is in some sort of other world and refuses to listen to reason.

Now I have to call her... and it is going to be weird.
I don't imagine it being quirky or cute, I feel like it is going to be the most awkward meeting with any female I have ever suffered in my entire life, bar none.

I am dreading it.

If I wasn't me, I could just play it off as "oh, thats my dad.. teehee"
But I am expecting something more along the lines of "Hi... so... hi."
Her, "Can you ask your dad to leave me alone please?"


For the record, she is cute I think, I am having trouble separating her image in my mind from the horror of... why did you do that dad?

6 comments:

James said...

Your first line should be "Hi, my father was brutally struck by a deer last week and it smashed up his helmet pretty good. I take pictures of grass, just check out my blog." Then again her looking at your blog might not do as much good as you would like.

Expavesco said...

It is so cute, she calls it a mayonegg.

Zillah said...

um...is there any way you could get out of it? any way at all?

my dad found a grad student at the harvard business school once when he went to visit soren. he gave him my phone number. the guy called...and i never called back.

the morning i got married my dad asked me if i was really sure that i wanted to give up on the business school guy.

for once, he was serious.

dads want what they think is the best for us but damn...

is she good looking?

Expavesco said...

If I had a good reason I could. I really don't though.

She IS graduating this semester from the wretched University of Brighams Young, so I could deny the request on principle alone. After all, I have declared all BYU alumni 'UNCLEAN'.

Is she good looking. I guess, I was trying really hard not to look at the photos because of the afore mentioned circumstances involving their acquisition.

Yeah, sure. She is good looking. :/

Maybe I could give her number to this business school fellow that Diggs was so impressed with.

Unknown said...

Oh, call her! You can meet her once. If it is terribly awkward, then you will never have to call her again. She can be too upset about that because you don't really know her and it will make for an interesting end of the story.

If she's nice and still cute, you can call her again.

Neither option is that bad is it?

Of course, I am UNCLEAN, so I don't know if my opinion counts. ;)

Expavesco said...

UNCLEAN!