Thursday, August 16, 2007

Go Canada, Parts 2 &3 of 14

Sorry if you are checking here for something new.
I have been a little busy lately.

Let me put part 2 of 2 down of the Canadian visit.

We had a lot of fun at the border check on our way into Canada.
We pulled up and this nice young guy was our... agent? He looked pretty average... I could take him out if we needed to make a run for it.

When he asked us how we knew the people we were going there to visit I proudly said, "We are friends."
oh? How do you know them?
"From the Internet..." (Slowly sounding less proud.)
(I had to use all of my will power to not say "we are teh friendzorz from tuh intarnets.")

I guess my explanation wasn't enough,
How from the internet?
Games.
Which games?
... ... World of Warcraft.
There was a smirk on the corner of his mouth, which he was trying to hide. A real professional.
Garrett spoke up from the passenger seat, "Please do not put that on there... PLEASE?!?"

We broke him, the agent laughed and asked, "Which server are you guys from."
"Doomhammer" all four of us reported in unison.
"Ah." (Apparently he wasn't impressed)
"So you play WoW?" I asked him
His head turned slightly downwards to hide his shame, "Yeah, I have played it."
"Do you still play wacraft?"
"Well not a lot, just once in a while."
"You need to stop playing it, now." I said and the whole car started to chuckle and snort... what a bunch of nerds.

He told us we had to pull over to the side and do some things with the immigration people since we hadn't been to Canada before.

Right as I started to pull away from his window I stopped and Asked him, "Which server are you from?"
"Kel-Thuzad."
Instantly all four of us moaned "Awwwwwwwww!" as if we had been stuck by a dodgeball in the final round of the tournament.

(Kel-Thuzad is one of the servers we competed with in our "Battle-group"... and overall they had better players than we did, but our guild still won almost every time we organized and fought together.)

Part 2:
We walk up to a lovely young lady at the immigration desk.
She smiles, what a pro, and asks us for our passports and such (The other guy asked for them too, I forgot to mention that).
Then she had a few questions.
are you here for business,Have you ever been arrested (Yes, that is a painful story),
what is the main reason for your visit to Canada?
we had been trained to tell her that we were here to eat at "Tim Horten's" (the dunkan donuts of Canada) and that we would receive VIP treatment.
"We are here to hang out with friends."
How do you know them?
We played an internet game together.
Which game.
(I can't tell her I play warcraft, or she will never go out with me) [Wait, What? Why did that even cross my mind!]
We play World of Warcraft. I said, with more pride then I had shown with the previous inspection.
...
...
She was smirking.
"Don't laugh!" I protested. "You're having a laff?" I pointed at her looking back at my friends, "She's 'aving a laff!"
(This show is having a laugh)

It was also funny.
She asked for the address and phone number of the person we are staying with.
We didn't have the address (We were meeting them at a specific place)
So she needed to call Jeremy who we were staying with.
Jeremy...? Whats his last name?
We all looked at each other, "We have no idea. We know his pretend name in the game, does that help?"
She was stunned."Let me call him."
She came back with a list in her hand, "Ok, he said there where four of you, Vesco, Garret, Ross, and he didn't know the fourth persons name but said your nickname is 'kiss kiss'.
We all had a laugh.

She explained that we were all set to go and only had to take this list over to the traffic desk.

Our friend from the first window had been shuffled over to the traffic area.
We greeted us, and I gave him the paper as instructed.

He looked it over, "It looks good, Anything else?"

I leaned on the counter with a grin, "Yeah, Kel-Thuzad Sucks... Big time."

He laughed and folded up the paper I had handed him, apparently tossing it somewhere under the desk, probably into the trash.

"Noooo!" I moaned, "I was just kidding." *pretend crying*

"It was good to meet you guys, have a good time with your friends."He said. "You are all done."

We had made a friend for life.

4 comments:

James said...

Thanks for the clips. British humor beats American chuckles 10 to 1. If only they weren't so perverted it could be work appropriate. (Not those clips obviously)

Maria Petrova said...

Stephen! I have other friends who are WofW enthusiasts. Check out spockwithabeard.com and go to Arts & Entertainment / World of Warcraft. Let me know if you want to join the board. It's a great place.

Expavesco said...

Who is Stephen???

I am actually kindof anti-WoW now, but I have a lot of good memories and great friendshipped forgen in the fiery depths... or the world of warcraft.

Maria Petrova said...

expavesco, then : )
let me know if you want to join swab anyway. it's a fun place. cheers!