Thursday, February 21, 2008

We helped you out!

It is easy enough for me to ignore email forwards, as they come in our email and I can tell I don't want to even open it based on the sender and the subject.


However, Xango LLC has sirsrumvrented the law of email tricks and has force all employee's web-browsers to automatically and constantly be reset to the companies inter office website. (String of explicatives...)

Its not a huge deal, but I have this crap pop up in my face whenever I use my AOLinterwebnets.com



(If you want the code, send me a PM, I will see you THERE!)

I instantly feel embarrassed for me and my company, thus making me check over my shoulder to see if anybody noticed.

It is a constant barrage of advertisements.


Seriously?!
Ask any fat ass (like me) with a pass to Golds how much Gold's Gym will try... nay, THINK of motivating you to attend their facilities. I would never go there if it weren't for racquetball.
(if you want to play ball or run a few kilomiters on the mill, send me a PM and I will meet you THERE!)

It isn't just the subject matter either, but there presentation of the information.

ex:a



Good lord...
Ok, Anectdote intermission.
XanGo Christmas Party 2007 - Worst yet.
and I quote one of my favourite company founders (founder, lol, that is funny to me)
"Do you want this gift, or whats in my pocket [inappropriate]... Pocket? Alright, hmmm... Ooohhh, Money! There are 18 bills in here with a President who's name starts with B!" - A.G.

My dad says, "Uh... Bush? do they know that Franklin was NOT a president?"

-- End anecdote.
Apparently, almost 3 months has passed and they STILL aren't sure about that bit of trivia. (Heads up guys, Alexander Hamilton also wasn't a president, for future money references)

This is one of three where they say, "thank the gods we don't have to work!" when many people in the company did, in fact, have to work.

It isn't always bad... there are a few that are pleasant. (counting 2/41... so far... both icecream)



Am I looking a gift horse in the mouth? I really don't think so.
...

So the point is I hate all this trash that the company is trying to force onto us. Like freaking telemarketers!
Hey wait... How about this one?
Betty Sue got an email from her 127 year old grandmother, which gave our entire company a heads up!!! here it comes!



While the do not call register is real, it isn't needed. I double checked the interwebs to see if this was still the case, and it seems to be that cell phones are still safe.

Here is a site at least that says so.



it is from October, so...
I guess maybe it is old.

I will not be surprised to see them put something up about a Nigerian prince who has a million dollars, but needs somebodies bank account to transfer it to the united states. If you are interested contact Kelly in HR.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait... Ben Franklin wasn't a president?!?!?


p.s. What is the code for the princesses on ice? That sounds fun and sparkly.

Rachel said...

Dont worry, my dad thinks Franklin was a president... I do feel your pain about the XanGo Web page.

Heyyyyyyy...maybe they could build me a fire?

That would REALLY help me out!

Jessica said...

Oh, Xango.
I do miss that 'tasty treat' in the breakroom though.
Oh, and you. :)

T.R. said...

Nigeria must be bigger than I thought to have so many princes...

Anonymous said...

I didn't get this whole Xango thing ever since I visited Utah 3 weeks ago.
It's everywhere! Ads in the airport when you arrive! Everyone's talking about it!
The truth is: I haven't tasted it yet.